The Economist [a British weekly newspaper focusing on current affairs, international business, politics, technology, and culture] recently published an article titled, "Why America is going to Look More Like Texas."
A few of their insights:
- Texas is regularly adding more people.
- Over a third of the net new jobs created in America since February 2020 was created in Texas.
- The energy industry boom is broad-based.
- They predict that in the 2040s, Texas could pass California in population.
- 38 members of Congress and 40 electoral-college votes in 2024
- Texas' population is 60% non-white.