Every year U.S.News (and World Report) publishes it's list of Best Hospitals.
For 2022 - 2023 University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center is honored to be their BEST CANCER HOSPITAL.
Making their Honor Roll is Houston Methodist at Number 15.
See their listings below.
Now in its 33rd year, Best Hospitals evaluates hospitals in more than 30 medical and surgical services, including three new cancer ratings: Ovarian Cancer Surgery, Prostate Cancer Surgery and Uterine Cancer Surgery. Also new this year: an expanded set of health equity measures that highlights which hospitals provide more care to low income patients and which have racial disparities in certain surgical outcomes.
"For patients considering their options for where to get care, the Best Hospitals rankings are designed to help them and their medical professionals identify hospitals that excel in the kind of care they may need," said Ben Harder, chief of health analysis and managing editor at U.S. News. "The new cancer ratings provide patients facing surgery for prostate cancer or gynecological cancer with previously unavailable information to assist them in making a critical health care decision."
2022-2023 Best Hospitals Honor Roll
1. Mayo Clinic
2. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
3. NYU Langone Hospitals
4. Cleveland Clinic
5. (Tie) Johns Hopkins Hospital
5. Tie) UCLA Medical Center
7. New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia and Cornell
8. Massachusetts General Hospital
9. Northwestern Memorial Hospital
10. Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital
11. Barnes-Jewish Hospital
12. UCSF Health-UCSF Medical Center
13. Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian
14. Brigham and Women's Hospital
15. Houston Methodist Hospital
16. Mount Sinai Hospital
17. University of Michigan Health-Ann Arbor
18. Mayo Clinic-Phoenix
19. Vanderbilt University Medical Center
20. Rush University Medical Center
Top Five Best Hospitals in Selected Specialties
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Mayo Clinic
- Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center
- UCLA Medical Center