Dangerous temps are not fun - but they don't have to make you sick. A few quick reminders:
- Increase water consumption.
- Drink lots of liquids even before getting thirsty
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, or large amounts of sugar
- Do yard work, exercise and other outdoor chores early morning or evening
- Outdoor workers should drink plenty of water or electrolyte replacement
- Wear light-colored, loose-fitting clothing that permits the evaporation of perspiration.
If your home is unairconditioned, take cool baths and showers.
Your community should have some sort of "cooling center" available.
These facilities are open from 2-6 p.m.
Hartman Community Center - 9311 E. Ave. P
Acres Home Multi-Service Center - 6719 W Montgomery Rd
Southwest Multi-Service Center - 6400 High Star Dr
Tidwell Community Center - 9720 Spaulding St
Downtown Library - 500 McKinney Street
If your area isn't included - call your closest Police Station (not 911), Library or City Hall for a list of places close to you.