Here's the latest on the winter weather issues Houston is facing.
More than 1.3 million Houstonians remain without power this morning. But 500,000 across the state had the lights turned back on. Centerpoint's Kenny Mercado told Houston's Morning News they are hoping to get more people back online today.
"As soon as the generating units come back on, and I have been given word some will today, that will help us provide a significant amount of power," Mercado said.
It will come in the nick of time, with SE Texas under another winter storm warning. This one starts at 6PM, and goes until 6AM Thursday. Jeff Lindner with the Harris County Flood Control District says this could make a bad situation even worse.
"We will have to keep an eye on the lines themselves. The northern parts of the Houston area into Montgomery County and Waller County are the areas we will be watching closest," Lindner said.
- A woman and young girl have died, seemingly of carbon monoxide poisoning. A man and young boy were taken to the hospital. The family was running their car in the garage in an effort to stay warm.
- A grandmother and three children died in a house fire overnight in Sugar Land. Two other people were injured. Investigators do not know what sparked the fire.
- HFD says that in a 24 hour span they got more than 1,400 calls.
- Hobby and Bush airports remain closed until at least 4PM. More than 670 flights have already been cancelled out of Bush. More than 160 flights were cancelled from Hobby.
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott is sending the National Guard in to help.