Memories of the 2020 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo have been replaced by more pressing thoughts. It's been three weeks since the annual tradition was abruptly cancelled over a new thing called Coronavirus, and the deadline to decide what to do with your tickets is rapidly approaching. This is the release from the HLSR:
2020 TICKET OPTIONS
Half-Price Carnival Packs, Carnival Tickets, Food Cards, Grounds Admission Tickets and Season Grounds Passes
Everyone who purchased Half-Price Carnival Ticket Packs will have the option to roll their remaining tickets to be used at the 2021 Carnival or get a refund for unused ride and game tickets. Regardless if you choose rollover or refund, everyone must upload their ticket packs to the Rodeo Carnival App.
• All customers that have created an account in the Rodeo Carnival App will receive a push notification (text message) informing them that they will need to open the Rodeo Carnival app and, if prompted to do so, install an update that will enable them to rollover or request their refund. The Rodeo Carnival App will walk you through the Rollover or Refund Process. We have made this process as simple as possible. If you choose to rollover, you will immediately receive a card in your account that contains bonus tickets which represents 20% of your remaining half-price tickets.
• Once you upload the Half-Price Carnival Packs to the app, you may choose your option of Rollover or Refund. The app is available in the Apple iTunes store, but NOT currently available for Android, but should be released in the next few days.
• If you purchased full-price carnival tickets and want to request a refund, email email@example.com or call 602.935.4060. These are the tickets and packs bought on-site at the Carnival. TIMELINE To ensure we get everyone’s request processed quickly, we are asking for all Half-Price Carnival Packs to be uploaded and the decision to roll-over or refund be made by Friday, April 3, 2020.
ROLLOVER HALF-PRICE CARNIVAL PACKS
You will receive a push notification via text message notifying you to open the Rodeo Carnival App, and if prompted, to get the latest update. The updated app will offer the ability to rollover your half-price carnival tickets. If you choose to roll over to 2021, you will receive 120% of your remaining tickets per pack. A card will automatically appear in your account. If someone had 100 tickets remaining, they will see 120 next year when they come to the Carnival.
REFUND HALF-PRICE CARNIVAL PACKS
For those seeking a refund on unused half-priced ride and game tickets, you need to make sure you have registered your Carnival Packs in the Rodeo Carnival App. Within the next few days you will receive a push notification via text message notifying you to open the Rodeo Carnival app. If you have not already installed the latest version of the app, you will be prompted to update. The updated app will offer you the ability to request a refund for your unused tickets. Once the request for refund has been processed, all half-price tickets and coupons will automatically be removed from your account. Once our offices are re-opened, we will begin processing all requests. Checks will be mailed as soon as possible.
All Food Cards purchased for 2020 will rollover and be valid for the 2021 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. • If you purchased a Food Card online and have not picked it up, it will be available at Will Call in 2021.
GROUNDS ADMISSION TICKETS
Unused Grounds Admission Tickets can be rolled over and used for the 2021 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo — simply hold onto your ticket and use it at the gates in 2021. If you do not want to rollover Grounds Admission Tickets to the 2021 Show, you can come to the Rodeo offices and apply for the refund once we re-open. Grounds Admission Tickets must be presented and scanned for use to apply for refund.
GROUNDS SEASON PASS
Grounds Season Passes can be rolled over and used for the 2021 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo — simply hold onto your pass and use it at the gates in 2021. If you do not want to rollover your Grounds Season Pass to the 2021 Show, you can come to the Rodeo offices and apply for the refund once we re-open. Refunds on Grounds Season Passes will be pro-rated based on usage.
• If you used your pass three or more times, there is no refund.
• If you used your pass two or fewer times, you will receive a pro-rated refund.
• If you purchased a Season Pass online and have not picked it up, it will be available at Will Call in 2021. Anyone who does not want to upload the Half-Price Carnival Packs to the Rodeo Carnival App can come to the Rodeo offices and apply for the refund once we re-open.
We will be announcing hours specifically to handle Half-Price Carnival Ticket Sales issues at some point in April.
All timelines will be fluid based on mandates from local authorities and best practices. Our number one concern is the health and safety of our staff, volunteers and customers. • For questions regarding full-price carnival tickets bought on-site at the Carnival, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. • For all other questions, please email CTSCstatus@rodeohouston.com.