HOUSTON - Several polling places will be open past 7:00 pm in Harris County after The Texas Organizing Project has won a lawsuit to keep some polls in Harris County open later after a late start and malfunctioning equipment at some polling places.
State law requires polling places to be open for 12 hours on election day.
The 9 polling locations that are staying open later are:
- Precinct 0597: Iglesia Trinidad – 11602 Bobcat Road
- Precinct 0882: Metcalf Elementary School – 6100 Queenston
- Precinct 0061: Evelyn Thompson Elementary School - 220 Casa Grande
- Precinct 0055: Fiesta Mart - 8130 Kirby Drive
- Precinct 0046: John Marshall Middle School – 1115 Noble Street
- Precinct 0030: HOAPV Community Building – 1810 Bluebonnet Place Circle
- Precinct 305 and 951: Lone Star College Cypress Center – 19710 Clay Road
- Precinct 0428: Houston Community College Alief Center – 13803 Bissonnet
- Precinct 0055: Hampton Inn and Suites – 5820 Katy Freeway