- Make sure all your home’s doors and windows are locked.
- Install motion activated lights on your home’s exterior.
- Put timers on a few of your interior lights and vary the times they will turn on and off.
- Let a trusted neighbor know you’re leaving so they can keep a look out for unusual goings-on.
- Have someone pick up your mail, newspapers and occasional flyers on your doorstep.
- An alarm system would help!
- PLEASE --- DON’T POST your vacation photos on social media until you have been home for a day.
A recent study of inmates serving time for burglaries revealed what they said makes certain people easy targets.
- Your house is empty during the day.
- You have an easily accessible backyard.
- You have a window air conditioning unit.
- You have a thief in your midst.
- You make it obvious that you have valuables.
- You don’t have a dog.
- Your house is on a corner so that it has only one next-door-neighbor.
- Your house is hidden from the street by trees.
So, get central air conditioning and a shelter dog, cut down some trees and stop wearing all those diamonds!