GOBankingRates analyzed data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, about 10 jobs with the most and least security.
1. Wind turbine service technician (median pay: $52,260)
2. Nurse anesthetist, midwife, or practitioner (median pay: $107,460)
3. Physician assistant (median pay: $101,480)
4. Optometrist (median pay: $106,140)
5. Financial adviser (median pay: $90,530)
6. Personal care aide (median pay: $21,920)
7. Physical therapist (median pay: $85,400)
8. Home health aide (median pay: $22,600)
9. Statistician (median pay: $80,500)
10. Operations research analyst (median pay: $79,200)
Career counselor Helen Godfrey said be wary of job "trends".
“When we think about the 1980s, a little bit of HTML could get you an $80,000 a year job. Now, that’ s not the case. So, if you just went in it for the money, long term, it probably would not be a good fit for you,” said Godfrey.
She said jobs on the decline includes manufacturers, travel agents, cashiers, bank tellers and stock managers.
“Brick layers, are also probably going to become a thing of the past because right now, there’s a machine that can lay 1,200 bricks per hour, compared to a person which is between three and 500 bricks an hour,” said Godfrey
She added automatic cars might cause taxi drivers to soon be out of a job. In Germany, there's a voluntary milking system in Germany allows cows to go get milked when they feel like it.
Godfrey said go for something you love and that's sustainable for a lifetime.