Harris County has opened a Residential Debris and Damage Assessment Hotline for residents in unincorporated areas dealing with recovery and rebuilding after Hurricane Harvey.
Staff is available at 713-274-3880 to answer questions about
- Debris separation and removal from public roads and residential subdivisions.
- Residential and commercial permits for repairing or replacing damaged structures.
- Phone numbers for other resources for other needs.
The county says teams are currently conducting safety and damage assessments while clearing debris from public roads in areas where flood waters have receded.
Officials caution those in the process of clean-up and debris removal to take precautions.
- Be aware of damaged water, gas, and electric lines.
- Stay clear of damaged building and construction materials.
- Do not attempt to conduct major tree work or reconstruction without proper equipment, permits, and training.
Hazardous materials spills and other contaminants should be reported to the Harris County Pollution Control at 713-920-2831.
Photo: Jon Shapley, Houston Chronicle