Horrific Blistering Sun Burn & Grotesque Leg Infection From A Hot Tub

WARNING GROSS PICTURES BELOW

16-year-old Maisie Squires says that she was enjoying a snorkeling excursion near the end of her family’s two-week trip to Cuba when the terrible sunburn struck.  

She says “time passed as I was having a lot of fun and was very interested in the sea life. I was not aware that my back was burning as I was in the cool water, concentrating on snorkeling." 

Hours later, at dinner, Squires began feeling pain all over her arms and back. 

Later that night, Squires said that she could hardly sleep, “as I was in that much pain, I couldn’t hardly [sic] move.” 

The next day, four blisters blossomed on Squires’ back, and a cream from the hotel doctor proved to be no help. 

By the time the family went to the airport for their nine-hour flight home to the U.K., Squires said her blisters were growing by the hour. 

She says “when walking it felt like I had water balloons on my back. I could feel the fluid in the blisters moving around. The massive blisters were appearing through the back of my top causing everybody to look at me. For the whole flight I had to sit with my back arched forward with my head in front of my knees.” 

Upon deplaning, Squires revealed that her little sister ran past her and nudged her side, accidentally popping the biggest blister in the process. 

She says “my whole back was soaking from the fluid.” 

She then went to the ER where doctors told her that the blisters would pop on their own and to let them be or risk infection.

STORY #2

Indianapolis mother says an infection she got from a hot tub while on vacation nearly cost her the use of her leg

Taylor Bryant was diagnosed with pseudomonas folliculitis

She said the symptoms started with “feeling sick” and severe cramping in her leg. By the next day she landed in a hospital. 

She was on antibiotic for 10 days, but her leg continued to deteriorate and she had to use a wheelchair. 

Pseudomonas folliculitis is a skin infection of the hair follicles that appears after coming into contact with bacteria contaminated water. 

According to the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology (AOCD), the infection is caused by the Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteria, which live in wet, warm areas including hot tubs, whirlpools and water slides. At one point, doctor discussed amputating her leg. 

After beginning IV antibiotics for 20 hours a day for four days straight, the infection began to subside.

Michael Berry

Michael Berry

Want to know more about Michael Berry? Get his official bio, social pages & articles on KTRH! Read more

title

Content Goes Here