Tenn. Man's Finger Swells Into A Balloon Of Blood After Snake Bite

Austin McGee says he was bitten by the snake while working in the woods near his home, but it wasn’t until days later that he began taking it seriously.

Images of the aftermath posted on Facebook May 30 by a friend, Dalton Dorris, show an index finger that appears to be rotting.

Dalton’s writes in the post, "so one of my best friends got bit by a baby timber rattler on May 10th here in middle Tennessee. I figured I would share with you guys the result of getting bitten in the finger by a baby rattlesnake. The doctors say he will keep his finger and it will be back to normal in 6-8 months. Keep this in mind next time you are in the woods. I know I have changed my mindset on not taking them seriously after seeing this. And no, he was not messing with it. He was picking up some metal and the snake was under the metal. He never knew it was there. Feel free to share.

To anyone trying to be a stay at home doctor -

His finger stays wrapped 2” thick In Gauze and bandages. He goes to the doctor every 2 days and gets it looked at. It’s fine. His hands are dirty cause some people still have to go to work everyday."

The bite after 24 hours

After 4-days

After 7-days

After being drained

Two weeks later

Three weeks later

Michael Berry

Michael Berry

Want to know more about Michael Berry? Get his official bio, social pages & articles on KTRH! Read more

title

Content Goes Here