For a country that recently added "science" to its enemies list, we sure are optimistic about what it's gonna do for us.
A new survey asked more than 14,000 people what major scientific and technological breakthroughs they think they'll see in their lifetime. And here are the results . . .
1. A cure for cancer. 67% of us think we'll see it happen during our lifetime.
2. Robots at work, 64%.
3. Robots in every home, 55%.
4. Flying cars, 51%.
5. Living under the sea, 41%.
6. Traveling to and living on Mars, 35%.
7. Controlling the weather, 33%.
8. Telepathy, 28%.
9. Teleportation, 26%.