Today is National Popcorn Day. And according to a recent survey, 92% of us enjoy popcorn, or at least don't hate it. Here are the ten most popular popcorn flavors . . .
1. Classic butter and salt. 31% of people said it's their favorite way to eat popcorn.
2. White cheddar, 16%.
3. Caramel corn, also 16%.
4. Kettle corn, 15%. Women were 30% more likely to say they liked it than men.
5. Regular cheddar, 11%. So if you combine that with white cheddar, it's really 27%.
6. Garlic, 3%.
7. "Turtle" popcorn. That's popcorn covered with chocolate, 3%.
8. Plain. Only 2% of people said they prefer popcorn with nothing on it.
9. Red velvet, 1%. A couple different brands sell a red velvet flavor. Apparently some people are big fans.
10. "Zebra" popcorn, 1%. It's kind of like "turtle" popcorn, but has chocolate AND white chocolate drizzled on top.
(Chester's Flamin' Hot Popcorn didn't make the list, but probably should have.)