UPDATED AS OF: December 19, 2019
QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- SOURCES FROM WHICH WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- SHARING OF INFORMATION
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE TREAT YOUR INFORMATION
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- OTHER SITES
- UNITED STATES ONLY
- CONTACT US
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from a child under the age of 13 (a “Child”). If we determine that a user is a Child, we will not use or maintain the Child’s personal information without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a Child, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records; we will retain that personal information only to ensure the safety of the Child, protect the security or integrity of the Platforms, take precautions against liability, respond to judicial process, and as required by law.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We (and our service providers) may collect the following personal information:
- Contact Information. We collect your email address and other contact information (such as phone number) if you reach out to us.
- Location Information. The Platforms may collect general location information, tantamount to collecting a zip code.The Platforms do not collect street geolocation information specific enough to be considered equivalent to a street address.The Platforms do not collect precise geolocation of your device.
- Browser, Usage, and Device Information. Whenever you visit or interact with the Platforms, we, as well as our service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Platforms are accessed and used. This information may include browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the page served, the time, the preceding page views, and your use of features or applications on the Platforms, such as song history, interaction with friends and group activities. This information helps us keep our Platforms fresh and interesting to our visitors and allows us to tailor content to a visitor’s interests. We or our service providers also automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier for the device (computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device) you use to access the Platforms.
- Preference Information. We collect information about which songs, playlists, and stations you listen to.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the personal information we collect for a variety of business purposes, such as:
- to respond to your questions and requests;
- to provide you with access to certain areas and features of the Platforms such as your favorite stations, your musical preferences or songs you have listened to;
- to conduct Platform analytics and operations;
- to tailor content;
- to improve the Platforms;
- to comply with license obligations;
- to provide you with radio stations in your area;
- to provide support for the internal operations of the Platforms;
- to maintain or analyze the Platform’s functioning;
- to perform network communications;
- to authenticate users
- to personalize content;
- to serve contextual advertising
- to cap the frequency of advertising;
- to protect the security or integrity of the use or Platforms;
- to ensure legal or regulatory compliance;
- to verify your identity in relation to requests made in relation to your personal information.
3. SOURCES FROM WHICH WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We and our service providers may collect personal information from various sources depending on the nature of your interactions with us.We may collect information as follows:
- Directly from you: You may provide information to us when you email or contact us.
- Automatically from your devices: We may use a variety of tracking tools and technologies that automatically or passively collect information any time you visit or interact with the Platforms.The technologies used on the Platforms include but are not limited to cookies (data files placed on a device when it is used to visit the Platforms), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed).
4. SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share personal information in the following circumstances:
- Affiliates: We may share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Vendors and service providers: We may share information with suppliers and service providers that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners), such as service providers that host or operate our Platforms and analyze data, provide customer service, conduct surveys, or provide marketing and advertising services.
- Business partners, advertisers, and advertising companies: We may share personal information with our partners, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, and analytics companies or other parties in connection with our and their marketing, promotional, and other offers. We may also share your information with the rights holders that license content to iHeartMedia to stream on the Platforms (e.g., artists or record labels).
- Business transfers: We may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to the Platform, your information may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and may be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- SDK Partners: We may make available personal information to third party technology companies whose software development kits (SDKs) or application programming interfaces (APIs) are embedded into our mobile apps.
- Legal compliance: We may share personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation, when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce our agreements and policies, to respond to an emergency, or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of other parties, visitors to our Platforms, or the public.
- Other disclosures: We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you from time to time as permitted by law.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE TREAT YOUR INFORMATION
You can control cookies on our websites. To learn how you can reject or delete cookies from us or other companies, please refer to your browser's help menu. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting https://www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.Deleting or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies used in connection with our Platform. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. If you disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on our Platform may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your account(s). In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
You can opt out of interest-based advertising. When you use the Platforms, we, our service providers, and advertising partners may place cookies and similar tracking technologies on your computer or device in order to collect information about your online web-browsing activities over time and across different websites and online services or mobile applications, in order to serve you ads or other content personalized to your interests. This form of advertising is referred to as Interest Based Advertising (“IBA”). In order to personalize these ads or content, we or our advertising partners or service providers may connect and/or share personal information about you either to data you provided to us or to Browser/Usage/Device Information and Location Information collected about you. You can opt out of being tracked online for IBA purposes by visiting http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN or http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1. You can opt out of being tracked for IBA purposes on mobile apps by visiting https://youradchoices.com/appchoices. Choices you make are device-specific and browser-specific.If you use different browsers on your computer, or multiple computers and devices, you will need to opt out of IBA from each browser on each of the computers and devices that you use. Please note that even if you opt out of IBA, you may still receive advertisements from us; they just won't be customized based on your web-browsing activities on third-party websites. Please also note that if you opt-out of IBA, we may still track your visits to the Platforms for our own analytics, operations and security purposes.
Do Not Track:Some browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, and our systems are not configured to recognize Do Not Track headers or signals from some or all browsers.
6. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in California, you have the right to make the following requests with respect to your personal information:
- Access:You have the right to request that we disclose to you the following: (i) the categories of personal information that we have collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which we have collected personal information about you; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; (iv) the categories of personal information that we have sold about you and the categories of outside parties to whom the personal information was sold; (v) the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for our business purposes and the categories of suppliers to whom the personal information was disclosed; and (vi) the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
- Deletion: You can request that we delete the personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to be Free from Discrimination: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests.The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent identifies himself/herself/itself as an authorized agent.
We also want California residents to know the following:
- We disclose each of the above categories of personal information to our service providers, business and advertising partners, advertising networks, and data analytics vendors.
7. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take information security seriously; however, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Platforms and provide us with your information at your own risk.
8. OTHER SITES
The Platforms may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and/or partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding or co-marketing agreement. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other sites may send their own cookies to your device, they may independently collect data or solicit personal information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of our Platforms (including those linked to through an email or social networking page).
9. UNITED STATES ONLY
The Platforms are governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of, the United States, and are intended for the enjoyment of residents of the United States. iHeartMedia makes no representation that the Platforms are governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Platforms, or providing us with any information, you (a) acknowledge that the Platforms are subject to the laws of the United States, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.
11. CONTACT US
Attn: iHeartMedia Digital Customer Service
Re: iHeartMedia Privacy Statement
32 Avenue of the Americas, 21st Floor,
New York, NY 10013