Yesterday Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo issued an order limiting outdoor gatherings to ten people or less.The order will remain in effect until August 26th.
You can get the full text of the order HERE.
According to the Judge’s office:
- Outdoor gatherings and activities where more than 10 people will be present are not allowed.
- The local and state face covering orders still remain in effect and should be adhered to.
- Gatherings for real estate sales at the Bayou City Event Center are PROHIBITED.
- For Independence Day Weekend
- Fireworks displays that were permitted in Unincorporated Harris County AND are viewed from inside a motor vehicle are permitted.
Fireworks displays/gathering with more than 100 people being viewed from OUTSIDE a motor vehicle are PROHIBITED.
Exceptions to the Order
- Certain outdoor gatherings of more than 10 people are still allowed, including:
- Religious services
- Local government operations
- Child-care services
- Youth camps
- Recreational sports programs for youths and adults
- Professional, collegiate, or similar sporting events
- Swimming pools
- Water parks
- Museums and libraries
- Zoos, aquariums, natural caverns, and similar facilities
- Rodeos and equestrian events
- Amusement parks, each as described in and with all limitations imposed by Executive Order GA-28
- To report violations of this order, click here or call 832-839-6941.
photo courtesy of getty images