As coronavirus numbers continue to rise across Texas and the country, Texas Senator Ted Cruz is speaking out against China, where COVID-19 originated.
"The Chinese Communist government has direct responsibility; direct culpability for silencing; for covering it up. When you had brave physicians blowing the whistle, the Chinese government came down on them," Cruz explained. You can watch the rest of that interview below.
- A federal judge in Texas has rejected a petition for the emergency release of up to 4,000 inmates from jail.
- An inmate released earlier under Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo's original order is back in jail. Quaran Pope is now facing charges of burglary of a motor vehicle.
- The Houston area reported 311 new cases of the virus yesterday. There were nine deaths in the area, making the total here 114
- The state of Texas reported 947 new cases yesterday, and 29 new deaths, bringing the total number of deaths in the state to 391.
- Harris County doubled its testing yesterday; 1,200 people were tested for the virus.
- UT Health now says the peak for the county will be April 28th, with 31-thousand cases.
- The health company 'Abbott' says it will ship 4 million coronavirus antibody tests by end of April.
- Governor Greg Abbott is expected to issue an executive order tomorrow outlining how and when Texas businesses will reopen.
- The Astros will be one of the teams in Major League Baseball taking part in a COVID-19 study looking at antibodies for the virus.
- Rockets star James Harden and Kroger are team up to dish out groceries to 5,000 Houston families.