Vinyl albums have been making a comeback, sales growing annually for 14 consecutive years, according to Nielson Music.
For the decade that just ended, from 2010 through 2019, sales of classic songs from the era when vinyl was standard dominated, including iconic tunes from the 60’s and 70’s. The Beatles led the hit parade with “Abby Road,” released in 1969 and brought back for a 50th anniversary box-set released last year that significantly boosted sales. Pink Floyd’s 1973 mega-hit “Dark Side of the Moon” was the number two selling hit of the last decade, ahead of the soundtrack from Guardians of the Galaxy, comprised of Top 40 radio hits from the 60’s and 70’s.
Here is the list of the top vinyl albums of the last decade:
1. Beatles: Abby Road
2. Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
3. Various Artists: Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Bob Marley & the Wailers: Legend
5. Amy Winehouse: Back to Black
6. Michael Jackson: Thriller
7. Beatles: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
8. Fleetwood Mac: Rumours
9. Miles Davis: Kind of Blue
10. Lana Del Ray: Born to Die